Multicultural Heritage Society
of Prince George
The Multicultural Heritage Society was formed in 1974 as an umbrella
organization for various cultural groups in
Originally, the Society was intended as a platform for staging a new
multicultural event on July 1 to celebrate
Over the years, it has evolved to meet the needs and aspirations of the cultural communities it serves. The Society's mandate includes implementation of the federal and provincial policies of mulitculturalism and the promotion of cross-cultural relations.
We are particularly committed to furthering the relationship between culture, heritage and public education in order to ensure the full participation of all individuals in the community.
The Society also functions as a referral service for inquiries concerning community services, cultural groups, artistic events, community and academic research projects, translation services, anti-racism and human rights issues.
MULTICULTURAL HERITAGE SOCIETY
535 Dominion Street Prince George, BC V2L 1T7
JOB Posting: Assistant Festival Coordinator
Start date: May 12, 2014
12-week duration, 35 hours per week, $ 13 per hour & 4 % vacation pay
Restriction: This position is only open to fulltime students who attended
classes in 2013/2014 and who are planning to return to school in September 2014.
Submit resume and cover letter stating why you would be suitable for this position.
Submit application ASAP but no later than April 30. Include any written reference.
Position funded by: Service Canada (HRSDC)
Reporting to the Project Supervisor the Coordinator will be involved in all aspects of organizing and marketing
the Festival following established guidelines.
Overseeing the set-up and takedown of all required equipment at the festival site is a key component and
considerable independence of action and judgment are required.
- Communicates with city staff, businesses, ethnic groups, community groups, individuals
- Recruits, schedules and supervises volunteers
- Assists with preparation and distribution of advertising and promotional material
- Solicits corporate support in form of donations of services, supplies or merchandise
- Performs clerical duties as required
- Assists with assembling of all equipment required
- Assists with set-up and take-down of equipment at festival site
- Undertakes special assignments as needs are indicated
- Submits evaluation report
Preference will be given to marketing students or students with previous experience in this area through education, work or volunteer experience.
Computer knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel required
* Ability to professionally interact in public, in person or over the telephone
* Ability to be sensitive to the individual needs of members of various ethnic backgrounds
* Good oral and written communication skills
* Physically fit - must be able to lift heavy boxes and other supplies during loading, unloading and setting up of equipment
Access to a reliable vehicle required. Expenses will be reimbursed